Monday, May 30, 2016

[F&B REVIEW] Sumoboo, Pantai Indah Kapuk

 

Although I live near PIK area, which is the heaven of foods. It's also the place where dessert shops like Sumoboo, Shirayuki, Shirakuma, etc. first started to become famous. But I haven't tried most of them for like after a year or maybe a few years after the trend started. Slowly, I'm catching up with those shops. I tried Sumoboo probably a few months ago to be honest. You know, college life is hard guys I've been so busy with a serious amount of project, homework, and exams #sigh. 

Alright! Enough for the excuses, now let's get into the business. I went there with my friends. We only ordered two dishes because we went there after our dinner so we are feeling quite full but still wanted something sweet. 

When I came there, it's packed but we could still get a seat. Even though it was kinda forced out. There are four of us but the table is very small, like literally small. The service is okay. I personally live the design, I will love everything that made from woods. 

We ordered their two most famous and probably favorite menus. Here are what we ordered.

1. BOO!! Matcha
IDR 30k (not inc. tax)
  

  At first we were about to order the strawberry one but it was sold out or not available I forgot. The shape of it is super cute. It forms some sort of a bear I supposed... This is the shaved-ice kind of dessert with ice cream, matcha sauce, pieces of strawberries, sweet condensed milk, and pieces of milo cereal. 

I love the ice cream. The dish tasted nice, not too sweet, which is very important. But, honestly speaking there is nothing really "wow" about this dish. The matcha flavor is not strong. The price is quite affordable and the portion is quite big too.

2.  Nutella Bomb + chocolate mountain + sliced almond
IDR 40k (not inc. tax)


This is really the bomb, the famous nutella bomb. There are two kinds of this dish. The one with only the mochi and this one that came with shaved-ice. Nutella bomb is basically a mochi with a nutella filling. The mochi is chewy, of course, a little bit over my chewiness level but still tolerable. When you bite into it, it breaks down and the nutella is overflowing, filling up your mouth. Yep, it's that delicious.

 The filling itself isn't came in a small amount in my opinion. The shaved-ice compliments the bomb very well. The sliced almond gave a nice crunchy texture to this dish. It's not too sweet either, which is good. The price is affordable too. If you are having a hard time finding this dish in their menu, they are at the Kakigori category, right under the BOO!! Kakigori.

Overall, Sumoboo is a good place if you are looking for sweets with a decent taste and an affordable prices. Their shop's interior is also nice and cozy. No wonder in all their branches, it's always so packed or there are even a waiting list for it.

-end-

No comments:

Post a Comment