Wednesday, February 18, 2015

[REVIEW] The Cup Indonesia, Pantai Indah Kapuk (PIK)


Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Geez, I finally working my a$$ again on this blog. I've been so so so lazy to write, I fell ashamed for myself. Anyway, I actually have been going to some new places, especially dessert house, for the past a couple of months. 

And I went to this restaurant called "The Cup". I knew about this restaurant because a foodblogger posted about it so I thought why don't I give it a try. I thought the restaurant is a dessert house, but actually they're not. They originally came from South Korea and they have main course too, that served in a cup that looked like a chinese food box in U.S. I didn't order it because I'm actually quite full. 

So, I ordered "Matcha Bingsu", Bingsu or bingsoo is actually a Korean shaved ice with some toppings. This dessert became come popular lately, as the K-pop started to invaded the world. LOL. 

"Matcha Bingsu"

 IDR 52k (inc. tax)

I must admit that the presentation of this dessert is mouthwatering, except their "slowly gone" logo on the board. The shaved ice are so soft, when I was eating it I don't feel like it's a shaved ice. The texture almost kinda like a cotton, and it's white while ice are usually uncolored, clear like water. I personally liked the ice because I didn't feel like I was eating an ice. As you can see, the toppings are almond, matcha powder, wafer, mochi, green tea ice cream, red beans, two sticks of Pocky and a drizzle of sweet condensed milk.

Start from the green tea ice cream, it taste wonderful, well actually it's the same taste you'll get everytime you go to dessert house that served greentea ice cream as a topping. I honestly didn't like the mochi, the flavor is bubble gum and I think it's not suitable and matching with the green tea flavor. 


The flavor and the smell of the matcha powder wasn't strong, it didn't give me a "matcha kick" (is this makes any sense LOL). The one that I bought from a cooking shop would still win over the matcha taste. 

As you can see, the portion is kinda big, could be for 2 persons. But, it didn't have any fillings inside (of course because it's a toppings) and the shaved ice is tasteless so I think you might wanna eat your toppings wisely lol. About the price, I think it's a bit pricey for just a bowl of dessert and to mention that they didn't give quite amount of toppings. 

Overall, truth be told, this is just some of the dessert that looks absolutely mouthwatering. Meanwhile the taste is so ordinary.

-end-


Devina❤

No comments:

Post a Comment